Interesting piece from Deptford Miscellany on the sale of the Foreign Cattle Market in 1926. This was part of what is now Convoy's Wharf.
"The article below gives a potted history of the City of London's acquisition, ownership, closure and eventual sale of the Foreign Cattle Market at Deptford. It first appeared in The Times on Saturday 13th March 1926. Before becoming the Foreign Cattle Market the site written about was the Royal Dockyard opened by Henry VIII in 1513 and closed in 1869. The discussions of the Court of Common..."
City of London sale of Foreign Cattle Market, 1926
Posted from Deptford Miscellany